Terms and conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully.
- William Cheshire is a sole trader. The web site contents, terms and conditions and all contracts formed between William Cheshire and users shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with English Law.
- These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
- To order goods you must be at least 18 years of age.
- By clicking the ‘Buy’ button to submit your order on the checkout screen you are offering to buy the goods at the price stated subject to our terms and conditions.
- For goods shipped outside the UK, you will be liable for any local or importation taxes or costs due on your purchase. You may receive a separate invoice from our shipper with these additional customs charges.
- We have the right, at our discretion, to refuse to supply goods for your order.
- Goods are subject to availability. If we do not supply the goods we will refund any money already paid. We will not be liable for compensation or damages if we do not supply goods.
- A binding contract is formed only once your payment has been processed.
- We aim to deliver within the time scales stated although at times delivery may be subject to conditions outside of our control. All delivery times are approximate and we will not be held liable for any compensation or damages as a result of late or non-delivery.
- If we are unable to deliver within our normal delivery time we will contact you immediately to agree a new delivery date. If we are unable to agree a new date we will refund any money paid by you for the goods. You have the right to contact us if we do not deliver within the time-scales outlined in the Delivery Information. WE DON’T HAVE DELIVERY INFORMATION RIGHT??
- Warranty conditions: Please check the goods on delivery. If goods are delivered damaged or faulty you must inform us within 10 days of delivery. If you do not inform us within 10 days we shall have no liability for goods said to be damaged on delivery. This does not affect your statutory rights. The warranty lapses in the event of incorrect use, third-party repairs and careless handling and the warranty does not cover normal wear-and-tear or parts such as leather straps, satin ribbons, pearl stringing and chain, any abuse, or if the jewellery is damaged, for example during an accident.
- You will only own the goods once we have received payment in full. You will be responsible for the goods once delivery is made or delayed by you at delivery.
- Our Money Back Guarantee will apply on delivery if all guarantee conditions are satisfied. Where the contract is terminated or the Guarantee applies we will refund to you all sums paid by you and you will return the goods in their original and unused condition together with their packaging and your receipt details.
- To return or exchange goods please follow the returns procedure detailed under Our Money Back Guarantee. It is your responsibility to return your goods to us. We do not accept liability for the costs of return, returns damaged in transit or not received by us and we do not refund postage charges on exchanges or refunds. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- Every care has been taken in the preparation of the content of this web site. However, as far as is permitted by applicable law, we disclaim all warranties, express or implied as to the accuracy of information contained herein.
- Images may not be displayed as actual size. All sizes, weights and measurements are approximate and are taken at their widest points and included for guidance only.
- We do not accept any responsibility for any website not under our control, which may act as a portal for our site, or be connected by hypertext links from our site.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then that provision shall be excluded and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms and conditions.
- Any disputes not resolved by the normal complaints procedure will be resolved exclusively in the courts of England & Wales under English Law.
- These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time without prior notice to you. We recommend that you print and keep a copy of these terms and conditions.
- All deposits are non-refundable.
- Our free shipping offers can only be redeemed against jewellery designs. All of our interior pieces are excluded from these promotions.
- Bespoke commissions are excluded from any welcome offers or promotions.
Top Floor, 193 Mare Street, Hackney, London E8 3QE
Vat number: GB 832983207
At williamcheshire.com we are committed to protecting your privacy.
We use the information we collect to process your order and provide you with a more personalised shopping experience.
williamcheshire.com utilises industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt sensitive information such as your name, address and payment card details.
Your information will not be given to any outside organisation for its use in marketing without your consent.
When shopping at williamcheshire.com you can be safe in the knowledge that your transactions are secure.
All transactions are processed using industry standard SSL (secure sockets layer) technology to ensure that shopping is safe. Our secure server ensures that your details are securely encrypted so that they may be securely transmitted to us over the internet.
If you are still concerned about the security of issuing your card details on line then you can call us with your payment information on +44 (0) 20 7249 6159
Commissions to work with customers’ own jewellery
From time to time we are asked by customers to work with their own Diamonds or Gemstones that hold great sentimental value to them. For this type of commission we will remove the Diamonds or Gemstones from their existing settings and re-set them in one of our own contemporary designs on special request. In this instance we have a Disclaimer that must be agreed to before we will accept to undertake the commission:
As your own Diamond or Gemstone has been made or obtained from elsewhere, we cannot guarantee its nature. This includes its quality, authenticity, material or construction. Therefore we accept no responsibility for any damage caused, owing to the Diamond or Gemstones unknown nature.
You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, designs, trademarks and all other intellectual property and material rights, all brand names, names of lines, designs, models of items, that appear on the website or in the domain name, are the exclusive property of William Cheshire.
All intellectual property rights associated with items created in association with the’ custom made’ or ‘bespoke’ options are and will remain the property of William Cheshire. Any utilisation, reproduction, even partial of the designs, models, brand names, and names of lines is totally prohibited.
You are permitted to use the Content only as expressly authorised by William Cheshire. Any reproduction or redistribution of the above listed Content is prohibited and may result in civil and criminal penalties. Violators will be prosecuted to the fullest extent permissible under applicable law. Without limiting the foregoing, copying and use of the above listed materials to any other server, location or support for publication, reproduction.
In addition to the intellectual property rights mentioned above, Content is defined as any graphics, photographs, including all image rights, sounds, music, video, audio or text on this Site. William Cheshire tries to ensure that the information on this site is accurate and complete.
No commercial use
The William Cheshire site is for your personal, non-commercial use only. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, commercially exploit, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any Content, software, products, or services contained within the site. You may not use this Site, or any of its Content, to further any commercial purpose, including any advertising or advertising revenue generation activity on your own site.
You acknowledge and agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and William Cheshire as a result of the Terms and Conditions or your use of this site. You agree that you may not and will not hold yourself out as a representative, agent, or employee of William Cheshire, and we shall not be liable for any representation, act, or omission on your part.
The Terms and Conditions (as amended from time to time) constitutes the entire agreement between you and William Cheshire regarding your use of the site, and supersedes any other agreement or understanding, arrangements, undertaking or proposal, written or oral, between you and William Cheshire in relation to such matters. In the event any other rules, code of conduct, or other matter posted on this site conflicts with the terms of the Terms and Conditions, the Terms and Conditions shall govern. No oral explanation or oral information given by any party shall alter the interpretation of the Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions have been written in English and are governed by English Law. British Courts shall adjudicate any dispute.